Our Mac and Linux labs are located on the first floor of the John Crerar Library. We have current hardware and software for OS X and Linux, along with scanners and video equipment.
Our labs feature 20 student workstations each. Their faculty-designed layout provides effective instructor-student interaction and gives instructors a full view of every student, while providing ample space for movement between all workstation bench units. Our facility contains:
- 4 labs (20 workstations each).
- CSIL 1 and CSIL 2 use Apple OS X.
- CSIL 3 and CSIL 4 use Ubuntu Linux.
2 open space workgroups (6 workstations each).
- Retractable HufCor walls for:
- 1 combined lab space of 40 workstations
- 2 separate labs of 20 workstations
Fully ADA compliant adjustable workstations for each lab and the North workgroup.
Support staff at the tutor station. They are available during all hours of operation.
1 gigabit data connections with with full access to University information services (
- 2 countertop convenience units (per workstation bench) with:
- A 1-gigabit data jack.
- 2 110V power outlets.
- 2 USB power connections.
- 4 Panasonic PT-DZ570U DLP 1-chip projectors with:
- 4,000 lumens WUXGA native resolution (1920x1200).
- 2,000:1 contrast ratio.
- 16:10 aspect ratio.
- 1.45-2.94:1 throw ratio.
2 Tannoy model CVS4 8001 4230 ceiling mounted speakers (per lab).
1 Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner
1 Canon CanoScan 9000F scanner
1 Epson GT-S50 feed scanner
36 Mac Pros with 27" 2560x1440 LED Cinema Displays
12 iMacs 27" 2560x1440 LED Displays
4 Mac Pros with 24" 1920x1200 LCD Displays
- 40 Ubuntu 14.04 Dells with 27" 2560x1440 Dell UltraSharp LED monitors
To use these machines, you must have a CS account
For a list of Techstaff-administered Linux machines available for remote access, click here.
You may check out headphones, laptop chargers and other accessories from the tutor desk.